HOW TO PURCHASE MATERIAL BY THE CUBIC TON
Various types of materials used in landscaping, construction, and more can be measured in cubic yards. Examples include topsoil, pea gravel, fill dirt, and mulch. When in doubt, you can use a the material calculator below. There’s also an easy formula you can use to quickly calculate cubic tons:
First, measure the length and width of the area where the material will be placed in feet.
Then, measure the depth of the material in inches.
Convert the length and width to inches, then multiply both by 12.
Multiply all three dimensions, as well as depth, together to get cubic inches.
Finally, divide the cubic inches by 46,656 (the inches in one cubic yard) to calculate the number of cubic yards needed for your application.
To be Noted...
Mulch, topsoil, gravel and other bulk materials are transported by dump truck
We can dump the material in any safe and accessible place on the job site
We recommend only transporting one material per truck
The trucks need a minimum of 10 feet of width to pass through gates
Off-driveway deliveries not guaranteed: driver’s sole discretion
Minimum delivery order for construction gravel is 1 ton
Minimum delivery order for soil & mulch is 1 ton
Minimum delivery order for decorative gravel is 1 ton
We do not deliver mixed-loads or split-loads
Pit Run Sand
Engineered Sand Fill
Granular A Gravel
Granular B Gravel (1" Screened)
1" Clear Stone (Crushed)
Pea Stone (Screened)
1" - 3" River Stone
4"-6" River Stone
$5.10 / Tonne
$4.80 / Tonne
$5.40 / Tonne
$9.50 / Tonne
$5.80 / Tonne
$14.00 / Tonne
$18.40 / Tonne
$14.30 / Tonne
$26.00 / Tonne
$26.00 / Tonne
$40.00 / Tonne
$30.00 / Tonne
Triaxle Truck (21 tonne max)
Tandem Truck (15 tonne max)
$100.00 / hr
$90.00 / hr
1) All prices are quoted in metric tonnes, unless otherwise stated.
2) Trucking prices are on a per hour basis
3) All prices shown Exclude but are Subject to HST.
4) This Quotation is open for acceptance for 30 days from the date of this quotation. This quotation is for the sole purpose of pricing and does not form a binding agreement. 5) Payment terms are Net 30. Interest will be charged on accounts overdue at a rate of 2% per month, 24% per annum 6) All testing of aggregates for compliance with specifications shall be based upon Charles Morden Construction's test results at the pit location. If additional testing is required please
7) Purchaser agrees to idemnify and hold Charles MordenConstruction inc harmless against all liability, loss and expenses while on the property.
8) All prices are subject to change without written notice